- January 11, 2017
- Posted by: Pattraco
- Category: Content Marketing
As the owner of a business, you are sure to be concerned about your ranking in Google and other popular search engines. This happens because search still remains the only way users can locate your website. This should be the factor which should lead you in your attempts to establish your presence online. You can either design a website from scratch or rebrand the same bought from a marketplace. Whatever is the situation, ranking high in Google is not an easy job. But, this does not mean that you can run away from the task. There exists no endeavor without challenges. You just have to evaluate the requirements of the undertaking of your choice and go accordingly. Given below are some helpful insights with this regard.
Optimizing a website
Designing a website from scratch is definitely an amazing idea. Still, the pressure you have to bear is great. You have to ensure that all the strategies deployed are free from errors. Following the guidelines discussed below would be of great help to you in the matter.
- Structure of the URL: Take great care to ensure that you follow the SEO guidelines when giving a URL to your website. Let it be a brief description of your website without special characters. But, make sure that it is easy to remember. You should also stick to the normal design as much as possible.
- Create a webmaster account on Bing and Google: This is something most of the website owners of today ignore. In fact, this is something you should in the first stage of your website design. Do not wait for this until everything is established. Doing this may create a situation where you miss numerous instructions and tools designed to help webmasters. And, do not forget to inform these giants in the industry when your website is fully launched.
- Position the keywords in appropriate places: With the URL and the name of the company decided, you have to move forward; embark upon a keyword research. Done this, insert them in appropriate positions in the articles you post on the site. It is true that visual media are capable of making your website attractive. But, understand that content is still the king in search engine optimization. Let your postings on the site declare who you are with the help of keywords and a bit of general information in the field.
- Be careful with the title and description tags: This is something which should command your utmost attention when designing a website. Do everything possible to make sure that the title and description tags contain adequate number of keywords.
- Begin marketing as early as possible: Do not wait for the website to be fully functional to begin your marketing campaign. It should start from the time you feel that your business is equipped to handle the revenue you plan to acquire from the same. Create your profile in all important social networking platforms as Facebook and embark upon an aggressive ad campaign as early as possible.
- Monitor your site’s performance: This is something you should do deligently at least in the first few weeks of launching it. Check at regular intervals to make sure that the robot.txt file is working fine and the sitemap is functioning properly.
- Make it a point to benchmark rankings: Upon launching your website, benchmark its ranking. Do not forget to include the name of your company. Doing this would help you understand your site’s performance in the search result pages. You would also enable to modify your website if your website fails to come at par with your expectations.
Relaunching a website
If you are someone who just wants to revamp an existing website, the points discussed above would be of great help. Here are some additional suggestions in the field.
- Prepare an outline: Before trying to do anything by way of changing a website’s structure, prepare a draft. This would give you an idea of what needs to be done to improve its ranking. You should also check for the keywords and the position it has in Google. The insight would be of great help in improving your website.
- Map every single old page to a new one: This is something which should deserve your utmost attention. Move all good quality content to your new website. A failure to do so may create serious troubles in future. The best thing to do is to design a flowchart to map all the old pages and follow it sincerely.
- Give 301 redirects all through your website: Experience shows that 301 redirect (Informing of moved websites) is the best friend of a SEO Expert. This is the only redirect which would not cause any damage to your SEO efforts.
- Renew your marketing campaign: Upon completion of rebranding your website, the first thing you have to do is to update the marketing campaign. Update the profiles of your website in all social networking platforms. If you have changed the logo, make sure that it is there in all the places you wish to publish your website.
- Do a thorough quality analysis: Don’t be under the impression that upon rebranding, your website would work fine. Test to see if all the components of the site are functioning properly. Check all errors like broken links or other redirects.
Remember, SEO is a never-ending process. And, when you launch a site, you are sure to experience some kind of a lowering in its ranking. Do not be discouraged. Work hard and make sure that everything is alright.